Saturday, March 27, 2010

Better Luck Next Time


"I failed to get the spot." 

"I failed to impress." 

"I failed to follow what I learned." 

"I failed to demonstrate why I'm suited for that position."

Failure is a thought when you think you did not succeed. Failure is the inability to look at the brighter side of adversity. Failure is for someone who gave up and has no reason to try again.

I am not failure. I did succeed.

I may have not been chosen to be a TLT at this time but at the brighter side of things, I gained a lot of knowledge that I can take as an advantage when opportunity comes knocking at my door again.

This should be a reminder for me not to slack off and be contented on what is there. The first step always begins when you move yourself outside your comfort zone and explore the possibilities there is in the company. Building my confidence and trusting my abilities that I can go the distance that my previous supervisors have reached or even beyond. Not limiting myself on the confines of what people expect you to be but surprising them that you can build your own box and expand the horizon of opportunities that you can have.

The experience is more than enough for me to know how it is, what they need, how can I fit the supervisory position. I learned what I lack and how I can fix it. I got an immediate and direct feedback from my interviewers that encourages me rather than preventing me to continue with my endeavors.

Three months, that's the time I have to explore, practice and immerse myself on whatever spot in the corporate business I would want to be. Ample time for me to develop all necessary skills and competencies that a future leader should possess.

By the time I'm interviewed again, I want to let them see and  know that I learned from my mistakes and took every moment from then on to improve myself. I want them to feel the difference. I want to ensure that I'm ready and I'm the one they're looking for.

0 comments:

 
;